1. When people ask "how's the homeschooling going?" I say "great. the boys are learning to read and write and cook kangaroo tail".
2. Making a necklace by the fire. "No talking when beading. You'll burn your fingers" our friend Leonie Palmer tells me. Wire is heated in the fire to pierce holes through the seeds. It takes great concentration.
3. Desert jewels.
4. "I'm so happy out here (out bush), the happiness of the land gets into you." - MK Turner.
5. Night falling driving back into Alice after being out bush.
6. I turned 41! Happy Birthday to me.
7. Lorna Hendry and River at the N.T. Writer's Festival this weekend. I'm reading Lorna's book Wrong Way Round to the boys. River in particular is loving it and didn't want to miss the opportunity to meet Lorna in person. River's birds nest hairdo took Lorna back to her family's traveling days when her son's hair was the same. "Just leave it" she told me. My Virgo sensibility is struggling!