Friday, March 27, 2015

weekend reading




So much to catch up on.

Easter holidays are here. We've made it through term 1. I'm breathing a sigh of relief, looking forward to putting away the school lunchboxes and having pyjama days.

The cold weather has set in today but there's promise of warm days next week, we'll see.

On with some links for you...

Rachel Power's fabulous book 'Motherhood & Creativity' hits the shelves this week. I bought the original edition in Mullumbimby many years ago now, when I was having a deflated motherhood day. The book contains a collection of interviews with creative mothers and details how these women find place in their hearts and lives to create their art and to raise their children. It is a book I wish I'd put together myself, I love it so much. Each interview transports me into the worlds of the creative women Rachel interviews.

I went to a Problogger event in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and had the pleasure of hearing Nicole from Planning with Kids, Erin from Travel with Bender and Alice from The Whole Daily speak. It was an inspiring day.

I have also since discovered Alice's fantastic blog Big Time Blogger for all you ambitious bloggers out there.

The other highlight was meeting Hannah from Nourish to Health

On the parenting front, I'm booking tickets for Pete and I to go and hear Steve Biddulph speak in May at Rosebud Secondary College. Have you been to one of Steve's talks before?

Moving on to Easter, here is a list within a list from Georgia at Well Nourished, many Easter recipes and ideas for fending off over indulgence

If you want something non chocolatey, Donna Hay's gingerbread bunnies look fun

Not Easter related but delicious looking, Veggie Mama's chipotle black bean tacos and jalapeno slaw

And for those of you who want to do some cooking with your kids on the holidays, Mamacino is having a school holiday sale of her Cooking with Kids book only $10

Happy weekend one and all. Thanks for stopping by here. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been a big fan of "Planning with Kids" blog for a while. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...