Wednesday, April 11, 2012

daily detox

I've just returned home after five days at my nans in the countryside and while all the crisp, country air was refreshing and good for me, all the 'comfort' food lovingly prepared by my nan has left me feeling a little er, uncomfortable.

So, I thought I'd write today about two of my favorite simple ways to get back on the healthy digestion track.

The first one many of you may know, particularly if you have read or followed Dr Sandra Cabot's Liver Cleansing Diet, and that is to begin the day with a liver cleansing glass or two of filtered water with the juice of one lemon, lime or orange. I like to add a splash of boiling water and drink it warm. Another tip a naturopath recommended to me is to add a squeeze of citrus juice to water that you drink throughout the day, doing so aids absorption.

The second drink of the morning I follow the lemon water with is liquid chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants. So why not eat more plants? Good idea! Do that too. Liquid chlorophyll concentrates the benefits, it is an antioxidant, aids digestion and is alkalising. (I buy the Swisse brand it has a spearmint flavour).

I feel better already just writing about these drinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...