Thursday, November 27, 2014

thursday recipe: bacon, cheese and veggie spelt muffins

  You 
probably won't want to hear this but this isn't the recipe I had planned for you today. No.

I had a beautiful broad bean, bacon and avocado salad for you (not that this recipe isn't yummy too!) but somehow 25 photos went between my camera card and my computer. 
Technology ate my recipe photos!

Anyway let's not dwell on that. I do have a recipe for you, one that I think your family will enjoy and it gives you a sneak peak into my e-book.

The world hardly needs another muffin recipe, save us from the muffins I know! But having said that this is my answer to River occasionally asking if he can have a bacon and cheese roll in his lunchbox like others kids buy from the bakery.

This way River gets the bacon and cheese so he's happy, I get to add in the veggies and use organic spelt flour instead of wheat flour and there are no preservatives or additives in there so I'm happy too.

(oh and sorry about the weird formatting that was playing up too! Must be time to step away from technology for a little while. Not too long, I'll be back tomorrow with weekend reading)

Do your children ask for processed foods in their lunch that other kids have? 
How do you handle it?

Bacon, cheese and veggie spelt muffins

Ingredients

2.5  cups white spelt flour
2 tsp aluminium free baking powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup almond oil
1 cup of grated carrot
generous handful baby spinach, finely cut
¾ cup chopped bacon
½ cup cheddar cheese
½ cup parmesan
1 cup milk of choice
extra bacon, chopped for top of muffins

To make

- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. 
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine, do not over mix.
- Scatter extra bacon over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...