Sunday, February 01, 2015

weekend reading



So. I disappeared from here for two weeks. I didn't plan on disappearing. It just happened that way. Time slipped through my fingers. But it was more than that. The ability to get my brain to function and complete tasks seemed to slip through my fingers too.

Anyway, I'm back!

One more sleep until school starts for us and this year Sol, our youngest, begins his school life.

A bittersweet moment.

I am looking forward to what I can make happen in the hours that he is at school. At this point it feels like I've been given a blank page to write on.

I just have to be careful not to fill those hours with errands and tasks!

FOCUS is my word for this year for good reason.

To get things started, here is a belated weekend reading list for you:

I love the sound of this raspberry and coconut summer porridge

If by some chance you don't have a diary for this year AND you are an aspiring writer, this may be the diary for you

Sign up to Brenda's newsletter and when she finishes her ebook 'Think Outside The Cereal Box' you will receive a copy to help you get everyone out the door fuelled up with delicious, nutrient dense wholefood rather than processed cereal that is convenient but falls short of what bodies and minds really need

A fun back-to-school lunchbox post from Sophie at Local is Lovely

From Jodi: The cost of living in 2015 (read the comments at the bottom of the post too you'll pick up more tips and ideas)

For those with little ones at home, if you're looking for art activity inspiration visit The Artful Parent

I feel like summer was all too fleeting. Or perhaps it hasn't fully arrived and we'll have a hot February and March. I can't imagine living somewhere with this much snow fall. I love Erin's blog.

If you haven't already, join me on Instagram @wholefoodmama and facebook

And on Saturday March 21st at Sorrento Community Centre I'm presenting a Blogging for Beginners workshop. If you're local to the Mornington Peninsula and curious about how to get started come along. Cost: $60 Time: 10am-3pm Bookings: 5984 3360

A new week. Here we go! x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, good to meet you. I love your blog and glad I found it. It's always nice to meet a fellow gardener with similar views on food. Will look forward to following :) PS: that pumpkin looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Jem! Good to meet you too. I must confess I can't take credit for the photogenic pumpkin it is in a friend's garden :) Nice to have you here x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...