Friday, January 10, 2014

summer friday



Finally it feels like summer here in Victoria. It has been a very cool start!

I made iced tea yesterday with a delicious brew from Yarra Valley Tea co. (not sponsored), the blend is called Calm Down (good one when the school holidays are starting to feel long!), it is made from biodynamic apple, rooibos, camomile and rose petal and it is as divine as it sounds. Just brew a 3-4 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water, pour into a jug and add cold filtered water and ice.

If you are on the Mornington Peninsula this weekend looking to buy beautiful local produce, the Mornington Farmer's Market is on 8.30am-1pm Mornington Park, Schnapper Point Drive, Mornington.

How good does Nicola's dairy free apricot ice cream look?! Trying this. No ice cream maker required.

While we're talking ice cream, Sonia at Natural New Age Mum has done us all another real food favour and compiled a fantastic list of 10 healthy ice cream recipes

I like Sonia's list of soft drink alternatives too.

For those on facebook you must sign up to Claire's series on Real Food Real Change, it is fantastic so detailed with daily simple changes and ideas you can make to get you on or keep you on the real food path.

If you are feeling a bit blah after festive season and have veered too far off the wholefood/real food track, I recommend Cyndi O'Meara's 21 day weight loss program (not sponsored), even if you don't have weight to lose it is a great program to re-inspire you and I am sure you will learn some tips or be reminded of ways to eat well plus you'll end up with some new family friendly recipes.

And if you are looking to get some clarity or inspiration about your dreams, goals, wishes for 2014 and how to make them actually happen - the important part! - and you love filling in journally kind of books then I highly recommend Leonie Dawson's workbooks (I am an affiliate). I discovered Leonie's site in 2012 and bought her workbooks for 2013 and loved them, I have the 2014 workbooks too and joined her academy late last year to be honest I haven't spent as much time online in the academy as would be useful because I don't want to spend my whole life in front of the computer! But the workbooks are great because you can print them out or this year buy a hardcopy and take them to the park or the beach, and I think they are a bargain at $9.95.

That's enough from me today. The beach is calling. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and I'll be back here on Monday with the second post in my wholefood step-by-step series.

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...