This series of photos was taken on Friday night at Montalto Vineyard and Olive Grove where Montalto owners John and Wendy Mitchell hosted dinner to raise funds for Culture is Life, the project that Pete is working on with Elders around Australia. Culture is Life is a solution focused campaign to end the unacceptably high rates of self-harm and youth suicide in Indigenous communities. Thank you to John and Wendy, Head Chef Barry Davis and your wonderful staff and to all those who attended for making the evening such a success. 100% of the proceeds from the evening were donated to the project. There is still much work to be done to keep culture and Indigenous young people alive and well, if you are able to contribute in some way head to Culture is Life and spread the word or make a donation of money or skills.
1. Beautiful attention to detail at every turn
2. Just the beginning...
3. My beautiful friends Mette and Toula (me in the middle!)
4. Two of my favorite local wholefood mamas, Cath and Bron
5. Impeccably presented and prepared food, many elements from the Montalto kitchen garden - entree: glazed jerusalem artichoke, bush tomato chutney, local asparagus, Main Ridge goats cheese foam
6. Before this main course of baby barramundi, smoked eggplant & tomato, coconut & lemon myrtle sauce and karkalla was served, the 95 diners filling the restaurant sat in captivated silence as Elder Uncle Max Harrison spoke from the heart about culture and life and keeping young people alive and well
7. Dessert was in a word - sublime! Peanut & wattle seed parfait, sesame tuile, bitter chocolate, merengue kisses
8. Me with two of my beautiful family - sister-in-law Davini and my man Peter McConchie. Blessed to be related to these two xx