Thursday, December 19, 2013

mini post: my favorite pregnancy and parenting books


(this is me pregnant with River in 2006. My friend Shoshanna Jordan took the portrait I love it as much for the precious time in my life that Shosh captured but also for what she captured in our friendship. Thankyou Shosh xx)

Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering, Dr Sarah Buckley

The Natural Way to a Better Pregnancy, Francesca Naish and Jan Roberts

The Natural Way to Better Breastfeeding, Francesca Naish and Jan Roberts

Growing Great Families, Ian and Mary Grant

Growing Great Boys, Ian and Mary Grant (there is also Growing Great Girls in this series that I haven't read but based on how good these two are I am sure it would be a great read too).

Raising Boys, Steve Biddulph

Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves, Naomi Aldort

Parenting with Soul, Sally Collings

Bhuddism for Mothers, Sarah Napthali

Bhuddism for Mothers of Schoolchildren, Sarah Napthali

Which books would you add to the list? Share in the comments we all need a little inspiration from time to time to keep us going with this parenting gig.

5 comments:

  1. Nikki, that photo is gorgeous. I've only read raising boys on your list - and that was while I was pregnant with Osc (which is sometime ago now), I must go back a revisit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Fingerpainting in Psych Class by Jay Morgan, all about conscious parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, what a beautiful portrait! I haven't read any parenting books apart from Buddhism for Mothers and I love it. I recommend it to all my friends. I might see if I can borrow Growing Great Girls from the library.

    Have a very Merry Christmas and good luck with your book! Luna. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY photo Nikki!!

    Two great birthbooks
    The Down to Earth Birth Book by Jenny Blyth. Jenny is a wonderful birthworker in Gympie Queensland
    Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin (author of Spiritual Midwifery)

    xxxRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Jenny hunt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...