Monday, December 02, 2013

stills: a weekly collection








1. Sol's fourth birthday party spread - carrot and cumin hummus with rice crackers, feta and spinach frittata, savoury gluten free muffins, brown rice sushi rolls with tuna, avocado and carrot. (not pictured salsa and corn chips).

2. Chai for the grown ups. I love drinking chai at the park.

3. Sol's jellyfish cake. Thank you Women's Weekly kids party cake book for the inspiration. Yes gasp that is blue jelly you see there.

4. Sol's kinder teacher is an exceptional woman, so loving and nurturing, she creates a beautiful space in the kinder room both by how she decorates it and by her warmth. I am grateful to have her in our life. This is a sign she has at the entrance to the room.

5. Beautiful strawberries, I haven't met a child yet who doesn't love this fruit.

6. Morning light. My favorite.

7. Another piece of kinder inspiration. (Pay no attention to this if you are having a grumpy mummy day ;) that's not the days we're talking about)

(Joining in with Em from The Beetleshack)

11 comments:

  1. I love that poster about "Let them be Little".......if you want a tear jerker.......watch this singer Billy Dean sing the "Let them be Little" song....I did a 5 year DVD of photos for my son's 5th birthday using this song and it makes me cry looking at the photos for his first 5 years and this song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKbxbmpcwU

    (hope that link works, if not google Billy Dean, Let them be Little) get the tissues out.

    I was supposed to do a DVD for my daughter on her 5th birthday (still on the backburner and she is 7) and James just turned 10 last week.

    Great jelly fish cake...you are too clever....Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy for stopping by. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the link but I love a tear jerker (weird I know) so I will look at it soon. And if it makes you feel any better I haven't finished my boys baby albums and they are 4 & 7. Don't even look at Pink Ronnie's memory keeping you will be stunned and amazed! If you are tempted and don't know Pink Ronnie www.pinkronnie.com Oh and the cake, it was simple - really! I baked a chocolate cake in a baking dish and trimmed it to a jelly fish shape, iced it, surrounded it with blue jelly in a tray lined with foil, the eyes are a white marshmallow with a blue smartie stuck on and the tentacles are sour strap lollies, I found some with no nasties however the blue jelly and green icing were not free of food colouring.

      Delete
  2. Ha! THAT CAKE!!! It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the most fun cakes I've made so far Michelle. Really simple to do but so effective. His first wish was an ironman cake?! He doesn't even watch the show so I don't know how they get on to these characters! Thank god for the Women's Weekly kids cake book, he was sold on the jellyfish instantly.

      Delete
  3. love the cake & the picnic look so colourful & lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all simple and fun Leanne. Totally my kind of kids party!

      Delete
  4. Let them be little. What a mantra, love it.

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?! Sol's kinder teacher is one of a good kind.

      Delete
  5. Oh happy happy day Sol (and Mumma, Dadda and River), what a wonderful celebration. And yes that cake is so impressive, i personally have always coveted those swimming pool cakes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend. I'll make you a swimming pool cake anytime :) xx

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...