Thursday, March 15, 2012

gluten-free breakfast

I've performed a magic trick. No I can't make a dove fly out from under a handkerchief, I can though present to you a gluten free breakfast cereal that you'll want to eat whether you have a gluten intolerance or not.

Ta da.....Flip Shelton's 'the one that's gluten free' muesli. 

I spent my uni days listening to RRR radio station and that is where I first heard Flip share her recipes and passion for good food on her segment on The Breakfasters.

Then during my time writing for Epicure I was commissioned to review her muesli range released in 2006. So, that's how Flip's muesli range came to my attention.

Since writing the review, from time to time I still buy 'the one that's gluten free', not because I follow a strict gluten free diet but because I enjoy the muesli. Dried apricots and cranberries mean it is not cloyingly sweet as some mueslis that are filled with sultanas tend to be and mixed with the smattering of dried fruit I enjoy the varied texture of the rice flakes, rice bran sticks, buckwheat, rice puffs, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds,  amaranth, coconut and sesame seeds. It is a unique blend that delivers taste, texture and nutrition. You can order the muesli online here.


My next gluten free offering is far from healthy but if you like chocolate and coconut as a combo tune in on Friday for a recipe. And more Byron love soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...