Friday, June 01, 2012

weekending



I hope you all enjoyed a steamy bowl of delicious porridge this morning for National Porridge day. This is a late in the day post as the whole day was taken up having my car serviced with Sol and I wandering the shops of Rosebud soaking up every ray of winter sun as we waited. So, a quick one before school pick up but I didn't want the weekend to begin without wishing you a happy one and to hopefully inspire you to make fruit crumble and custard this weekend or a fabulous, nutritious marble cake. Yes nutritious cake.

My inspiration came after reading Sophie Hansen's apple and hazelnut crumble recipe here. I stopped at our local farm on the way home from Rosebud and bought a swag of pears, pear crumble with custard tonight. I'll share my recipe as soon as I write it!

Look at this beautiful handmade book created by the ever delightful Soulemama.

There were more links I had bookmarked in my brain to share with you I know there were but my memory fails me at this moment (and many other moments) oh now I remember! I made this 'gluten free nutritious marble cake' last weekend and it was one of the best recipes for a cake I've ever made. Big statement I know but make it for yourself and you'll see. And the blog I found it on La Tartine Gourmande is pretty special too. Happy weekending :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...