Friday, July 17, 2015

weekend reading

Well, we made it. Week one, term 3 done.

Can you believe it is snowing in Queensland?

So sad to read about the tragic passing of Nick Cave's son.

Wishing I had bought Mamacino's birthday party ebook before I made so many chocolatey things for River's early birthday celebration tomorrow.

I've made Sonia's healthy chocolate crackles.

And Mona's chocolate bliss balls. And we're having chocolate cake! Can you overdo chocolate?

Once we get through all the chocolate, we're heading to Melbourne to celebrate one of my dear long time friend's 40th birthday at the Afghan Gallery restaurant. I was reminiscing about celebrating her 21st the other day, I'm feeling old now!

A friend and I were chatting during the week about books we love, we both read pretty much only non-fiction, I love Joyce Maynard's memoir 'At Home in the World'.  I discovered it when I was just starting out having my writing published, it was a very timely read.

Speaking of starting out, my friend Alarna is a talented graphic designer who is just starting out on Instagram showcasing her divine wedding stationery designs take a look @arch_and_co

And while we're on the topic of talented friends :) how yummy does my friend Lucy's recipe for spicy sweet potato and lentil soup look?! Perfect for this Arctic cold snap we're having.

Still life paintings, yes or no? (I didn't paint that one by the way) I love Margaret Olley

Think of me tomorrow standing in the park in the middle of winter, with a pack of kids kicking the footy to celebrate my footy mad son turning 9. Brrrrrr! We're usually away for River's birthday so this year I said he can have a party before we go. I know Mother of the Year :) he's worth it.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm, or go somewhere warm!

Thanks for visiting here, god knows there's no shortage of blogs out there to visit so I do appreciate you all stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. It's very cold in Brisbane even without snow....sounds weird doesn't it "snowing in Qld" which is the sunshine state....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...