Friday, June 07, 2013

friday long weekend

We are at my nan's today for country air (& cooking!) It's a long weekend here to celebrate the Queen's birthday apparently. River asked before bed last night 'Who is the Queen?' Without wanting to get into a big story I answered simply, "A lady who lives in England". "Oh and she's 85" added River all of a sudden knowingly. I wonder what sort of cake the Queen likes on her birthday?

Anyway moving on from royalty here's my list of posts, blogs and a video from around the web this week that captured my imagination:

Jodi speaks from the heart about the emotional investment in feeding our families.

For breastfeeding mamas a behemoth post 'feeding baby, and me' from The Nutrition Coach.

And if you make it through that and want to read more about motherhood, grab your tissues and head over to Steph's to read her sling diaries post. Don't say I didn't warn you. Steph has a way with words that is achingly beautiful.

Love strawberries? We're way out strawberry season here in the southern hemisphere but we can all visit Mimi's post and dream.

Apple love

Winter is the season for one pot cooking. Liana's one pot chicken and rice dish has become a favorite so I thought I'd hunt up some more one pot wonders. The recipes on the the taste.com.au site are reliable and straight forward making it a good place to start adding one pot recipes to your repertoire.

Caramelised garlic tart? Yes please.

Ditto!

Michelle has added a fun video to her organic food blog. Go check out her story.

Ok I'm off to finish up some other work before nan's roast lamb is ready for our dinner :)

Whether you are cosying up indoors this weekend or heading out into summer sun have a wonderful time and I'll see you back here next week for more wholefood love. And I promise the post I mentioned about saving time in the kitchen will be up soon! xx

2 comments:

  1. some great reading there, and yahoo for one pot dinners! happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great weekend too Max. Thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...