1. I hope you like salad because we're going to be eating a lot of that around here, the garden is a patchwork of big fat lettuces
2. a beautiful morning mess
3. my new camera and I still getting acquainted
4. boiled oranges waiting to be turned into...
5. flourless orange and poppyseed cake, in place of 1 cup of caster sugar I used 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar and it was still a bit sweet, I think 1/2 a cup will do next time. Plus I iced it with the finest sheen of icing sugar mixed with lemon juice
6. this painting caught my eye in a local art show, intense but somehow still beautiful
7. greens from the garden + chillies + garlic + fresh abalone cooked in the wok = our kind of happy meal
8. River receiving first prize for his year level in the local historical writing competition, yes a proud parent moment. The stories were about Indigenous culture and traditional life was like for Aboriginal people.
9. Sol chasing River to get his hands on the prize
10. omg the prize! Can you believe it?! The chocs, plus $10. The other mums were chuckling "Of all the kids to win a box of chocolates". The chocolates were shared. Far and wide!
(joining in with Ms Beetleshack Em)